Friday, September 1, 2017

Quality Comments!

How to Compose a Quality Comment!




Blogging has many parts: the post, the comments, and the sidebar.

If you do a good job with all of the parts, your blog will be more interesting.

Today we will focus on quality comments!



Content is key!

In our class, we evaluate our blog comments.
A one-point comment is a general comment that doesn't add very much to the post. Example: I like your blog. Please visit mine! A two-point comment adds something to the comment conversation. A commenter might compliment the writer in a specific way or add new information. Another idea is to make a connection. Maybe the post reminds you of an experience that you've had. Share that connection!  Try to end your comment with a relevant question. That way, an interesting conversation can develop.


Here is a video Mrs. Yollis' class made with tips to help you take your comments to the next level!











We like to open our comments with a greeting and end with a closing. We choose to do this as it makes it easier for us to follow the conversation within a comment section.

Mrs. Smith, from Ontario, Canada, adds another excellent idea:
Give some information about where you are from and what grade you are in.
Thanks for a great tip, Mrs. Smith!  



Here is a video by Mrs. Yollis on how to comment on this blog

https://youtu.be/NQj9dpADEaY




-For Advanced Bloggers-
Some bloggers like to use HTML code to make their comments better.  Learning to write HTML code, or HTML tags, is a somewhat simple way to take your comment to the next level.


HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) is a language.



*     *     *     *     *


To write HTML code, use the following symbols:

Important: Do not add a space between the HTML tag and the word or sentence.
                                                                                                     
1.  To put text in italics, place this HTML code around the text:

 

 

The sentence will look like this when published:
  

Bloggers should always proofread a comment before publishing. 


                                                                                                     


2.  To make text bold, place this HTML code around the text:

                            



The sentence will look like this when published:  

Bloggers should always proofread a comment before publishing.


                                                                                                     


 

3.  To make a hyperlink, it gets a little tricky.

Use the following HTML code around the URL and add your own link word/words:







  [The URL is the address of the web page. It starts with http://www…]

The HTML code below:

   



Will become this hyperlink when published:


                                                                 Mrs. Yollis’ Website


Sometimes it is hard to remember the HTML codes. I keep an HTML word document on my desktop with all the common codes, especially the one to create a hyperlink. Here is a video demonstrating how easy it is to a create a hyperlink if you have the code set up in a Word doc.



If you like to add fun shapes...here are those codes!





Leave us a comment about your success!


Ask us for help if you need any!

11 comments:

  1. Hello!

    My name is Grandpa Elbert and I am the grandparent of Brooke. I live in Las Vegas, Nevada. Have you ever been to Las Vegas? There are a lot of fun things for kids to do there. When Brooke comes to visit she loves the Discovery Children's Museum and the shows. We saw the Blue Man Group. Have you ever seen a Blue Man show?

    I am a United States Marine and retired from the fire department. Do you know any military men or women? Right now I am summer vacationing in Germany. Yesterday, I saw the Bremen Town Musicians statue. Have you read the book, Bremen Town Musicians? It is a story about a donkey who wants to join a band and meets a dog, a cat, and a rooster on his journey. Well I am going to sign off now since there is a time difference. Do you know anyone who lives in a different time zone?

    Enjoy your school year 3rd graders!

    Grandpa Elbert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Grandpa Elbert,

      Wow, thank you for visiting our blog all the way from Germany on your vacation!
      How do you like Germany? My uncle, Stefan, lives in Berlin. I have visited Berlin a few times, and love the architecture in the city.
      I am also familiar with Bremen, as my mom's best friend lives there. However, I have never seen the Bremen Town Musicians statue. The book you mentioned, Bremen Town Musicians sounds like such a funny story. Imagine, a donkey in a band. It almost sounds like it could be a fable, like Aesop's Fables. I loved reading Aesop's fables as a child. I can't wait until we read some in 3rd grade this year as well!


      We want to thank you for your service in the U.S. Marines as well as a brave firefighter. I hope you have a wonderful rest of your vacation. Are you traveling to any other countries or cities on your vacation?

      Sincerely,
      Ms. Tulbure

      Delete
    2. Dear Grandpa Elbert, my name is Belana. This year I'm in the same class as Brooke. I speak Russian.My mother is from Russia.Do you speak any other language than English? There is a version of The Bremen Town Musicians in Russian and I read it before. I know that brothers grim wrote that fabulous story. I read a lot of stories written by brothers grim. I even watched some cartoons.
      Have you visited any foreign country other than Germany?





      Sincerely,
      Belana

      Delete
  2. Hi class , my name is Belana. I have a question, have you ever been to another country? I haven't, but I wish I could travel all around the world and visit other continents. Today I've read a fact about China. Did you know that the capital of china is Beijing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Class, This is Carly your classmate. I am responding to Belana's comment. I have been to Paris. It is a long flight. I went all the way up to the top of the Eifel Tower. It is a cool place. Have you guys ever been to another country where they don't speak your language?

      Delete
    2. Meredith (Dylan's mom)November 8, 2017 at 11:19 AM

      Hi Carly, This is Dylan's mom Meredith. I love Paris. What else did you do there? What did you think of the food? I loved the bread and pastries. Did you go to a bakery when you were there? What did you do on the long airplane ride?

      Delete
    3. Hi I am Daisy, Ariel's beaded dragon. A long trip that my family went on was to Maui. The plants were beautiful in Maui. I also went to the beach where Ariel got to rub my head (my most favorite thing) I had an amazing time. Have you ever went to somewhere in Hawaii?

      Delete
    4. Hi Carly , This is Belana .
      I love Paris too !
      Did you see the Eiffel Tower ? Did you climb it ?
      Was it fun ? How long did you stay there ?
      From Belana

      Delete
    5. Hi Ariel , This is Belana ,
      I have never been to Hawaii , but I have seen pictures and I really want to go there . Do you want to go somewhere you have never been to ?
      From
      Belana

      Delete
  3. Hi Ms. Tulbure's Class!
    I am in Barcelona with my family.We are having so much fun! We went to L'Aquarium de Barcelona. We got to feed some fish from a baby bottle filled with liquid vitamins. We also went inside a submarine. It was fantastic. We were walking side to side with sand bull sharks and sting rays.
    I will blog more tomorrow.
    Sincerely,
    Tyler

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tyler , This is Belana ,
      What other animals did you see when you went on the submarine ? Did you see sea horses ? My favorite sea animal is a dolphin and sea horse ! What's your favorite animal ?
      Sincerely ,
      Belana

      Delete