Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Quality Comments!

How to Compose a Quality Comment!




Blogging has many parts: the post, the comments, and the sidebar.

If you do a good job with all of the parts, your blog will be more interesting.

Today we will focus on quality comments!



Content is key!

In our class, we evaluate our blog comments.
A one-point comment is a general comment that doesn't add very much to the post. Example: I like your blog. Please visit mine! A two-point comment adds something to the comment conversation. A commenter might compliment the writer in a specific way or add new information. Another idea is to make a connection. Maybe the post reminds you of an experience that you've had. Share that connection!  Try to end your comment with a relevant question. That way, an interesting conversation can develop.


Here is a video Mrs. Yollis' class made with tips to help you take your comments to the next level!











We like to open our comments with a greeting and end with a closing. We choose to do this as it makes it easier for us to follow the conversation within a comment section.

Mrs. Smith, from Ontario, Canada, adds another excellent idea:
Give some information about where you are from and what grade you are in.
Thanks for a great tip, Mrs. Smith!  



-For Advanced Bloggers-
Some bloggers like to use HTML code to make their comments better.  Learning to write HTML code, or HTML tags, is a somewhat simple way to take your comment to the next level.


HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) is a language.



*     *     *     *     *


To write HTML code, use the following symbols:

Important: Do not add a space between the HTML tag and the word or sentence.
                                                                                                     
1.  To put text in italics, place this HTML code around the text:

 

 

The sentence will look like this when published:
  

Bloggers should always proofread a comment before publishing. 


                                                                                                     


2.  To make text bold, place this HTML code around the text:

                            



The sentence will look like this when published:  

Bloggers should always proofread a comment before publishing.


                                                                                                     


 

3.  To make a hyperlink, it gets a little tricky.

Use the following HTML code around the URL and add your own link word/words:







  [The URL is the address of the web page. It starts with http://www…]

The HTML code below:

   



Will become this hyperlink when published:


                                                                 Mrs. Yollis’ Website


Sometimes it is hard to remember the HTML codes. I keep an HTML word document on my desktop with all the common codes, especially the one to create a hyperlink. Here is a video demonstrating how easy it is to a create a hyperlink if you have the code set up in a Word doc.



If you like to add fun shapes...here are those codes!





Leave us a comment about your success!

Here is a video about how to leave a comment on our blog.


Ask us for help if you need any!

21 comments:

  1. Greetings class,
    I am a baseball player. My favorite team is the DODGERS go LA!
    My favorite position is pitcher. It is very cool.
    Do you like baseball?

    Grant &#9812

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Grant,
      baseball is a cool sport I like baseball to
      do you have a favorite player on the Dodgers?

      your baseball loving friend Charlotte







      Delete
    2. Dear Grant,

      I like to play baseball too. I have seen you play as we were on the same team once, and you are a good player. Do you remember that time?
      The DODGERS are also my favorite team. Last year, my dad and I went to see them play. Have you ever gone to see them play?
      It was so much fun! I ate a Dodger dog.
      We have a lot in common!

      Delete
  2. Hi,

    I think this blog is very interesting and it helps me with grammar.

    How do you like this blog?

    Sincerely,
    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi class,
    I like helping my mom make tacos.
    First, I heat up the stove.
    Second I put in the turkey.
    Third I stir the turkey.
    Forth I put the turkey in taco shells.
    5th dinner is served.

    Grant

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi class,
    I love baseball.
    My favorite position is pitcher I can throw a Fast ball.
    I got 4 strike-outs.
    In 5 times at pitcher.
    I like the Snack-shack the best.
    My favorite snack M&M’s.


    Kindly,Grant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Grant,
      I love baseball too. My favorite sport is basketball. My favorite game when I play is called 2 ball nock out.
      I shoot really good. My favorite snack is M&M's too.
      Do you like basketball? I hope you play with me.

      Delete
    2. Hi Elior when are we going to have a play date together with Edan we can make a camp fire together and we will camp in a tent we have lots of lanterns. Oh and by the way I have never been to a base ball game I replied to Grant just like you did I said I like M&M'S ok I think I wrote enough bye.

      Delete
    3. Hi Sam,
      If we have a play date with you and Edan it would be awsome.
      Having a camp fire and camping sounds fun.
      I,v never used a lantern before. It would be a great first time using
      a lantern. I hope we have a play date.
      Do you like camping?

      Delete
  5. Hello everyone,
    I am a lover of traveling.I love going places.
    That is almost my favorite thing to do.
    I love traveling because I like visiting new places.
    Do you like traveling?

    Lenore ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lenore,
      I like traveling too.
      My favorite thing to do when I go traveling is everything. I like to go to Germany because my family is there. My grandma, grandpa, and cousins live in Buhau. We got to go to place where we went though mud and you walk though this adventure land. I enjoyed getting my feet muddy.
      What do you like to do when you travel?
      Sincerely,
      Keira

      Delete
    2. Hi, Lenore!
      I like traveling, just like you!
      My favorite place to go to is Hawaii.
      I also like traveling because I can learn about new things.
      What is your favorite place to Travel to?
      Sincerely, Mikayla.
      (Ps. We should make another block mansion again!)

      Delete
    3. Dear class,
      I'm super excited for Halloween!
      What are you going to be?
      Sincerely,
      Mikayla.
      (Hopefully you had a good day today!)

      Delete
  6. Dear Grant,
    I have never been to a baseball game before. It sounds like lots of fun. Have you been to the snack bar? I heard from Grant that his favorite snack is M & M's. Do you like them? It sounds good because I like them a lot. They are really good. I want to come to a game with you and Grant. You are a great friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sam,
      A baseball game is fun.
      You can come to a baseball game with me!
      I can hit the baseball.
      You can come down on the field for batting practice! I will let you take a couple swings you. Will stay in the
      dug-out!

      Kindly,Grant

      Delete
  7. Dear Taylor,
    I went to my beach house. I went so far out I almost drowned. A big wave crashed on me and I fell down. When I got up, my big brother pushed me back in then I pushed him in. Then, I got on the buggie board I fell of dan dan dan!
    by Ashlynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ashlynne!
      It sounds like you had a super fun time at your beach house!
      I wish I was there to experience the fun!!
      But hopefully you are okay since you almost drowned, and your big brother pushed you back into the water.
      (Those are the only things I wouldn't want to be there for.)
      What was your favorite part about your trip?
      Sincerely,
      Mikayla.

      Delete
  8. Hi class,
    I like to go to SAN DIEGO. I like to go to LEGO-LAND.
    Do you like going to LEGO-LAND?


    Kindly,Grant

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mikayla I also Hawaii because I have never been there before. Its so fun traveling! When I went to San Diego it was so fun. We went to a Luna Park, if you don't know what a Luna Park is well its a park with all kinds of rides and its super fun I loved it! I won a emoji pillow and I went on this ride were you go in a tube and you spin in the tube and even in the outside it spins you! That was my favorite ride of all! that was almost the only ride I went the entire time but I went obn other rids too.

    (P.S I also think we should build a mansion again!)

    Sincerely,
    Lenore ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi class,
      I really like cooking!
      Here are a few cooking tips.
      Hi amazing cookers I like cooking tacos on Tuesday.
      I also like cooking rice and steak.
      The steak is the best I eat it all up YUM-YUM-YUM.



      Kindly,Grant

      Delete
    2. Hey, Lenore! Since today is now Friday, (and hopefully you won't read this on a Monday,) maybe we can build another mansion out of hundreds, tens, and ones!
      And hopefully we won't smash our big/small house down again.(since it is only a big mansion is blocks, that is why I am calling small, because no one can actually live in the home. But it was a real mansion, I would just call it a big mansion or something.. Anyway, back to the comment, hopefully there won't need to be more explaining..) It was so fun building our first house! It was a lot of work, but when we finished, the house looked really cool!
      Sincerely,
      Mikayla ♥

      Delete