Thursday, October 11, 2018

Class Blogging Challenge

Ms. Tulbure's class is excited to participate in the Student Blogging Challenge. The students love to blog and share ideas with their global friends from all over the world and learn together.






What countries are participating?





What are some of the tasks this week?


Some Information About Us! 




πŸ”ΊπŸ”ΊπŸ”ΊπŸ”ΊπŸ”ΊπŸ”ΊπŸ”ΊπŸ”ΊπŸ”ΊπŸ”Ί
Meet the Third Graders 
πŸ”»πŸ”»πŸ”»πŸ”»πŸ”»πŸ”»πŸ”»πŸ”»πŸ”»πŸ”»


Our class is a third-grade class filled with 11 boys and 13 girls. We are 1:1 with Acers, so we love integrating technology. For example, we LOVE watching BrainpopJr videos, educating ourselves with Freckle,  and creating and sharing our learning with Seesaw.






When not at school, the class has a lot of hobbies and interests. Some students like to play games on the computer at home. Many students also paint and make sculptures,  and are creative in art. Collections are also popular especially with football and baseball cards. Reading is also a favorite hobby in our class. Relaxing and swimming in the pool is also fun as California has sunshine all year round.

Sports are a big part of everyone's life. Numerous students play tennis, soccer, football, baseball, basketball, tether ball and handball is a favorite at recess. Being only 20 miles away from the ocean, many students love to surf and swim. Some students also practice gymnastics and ballet. Hockey and boxing are also some student sports that we enjoy.


Food is an important part of life and we have many favorites! Some popular foods at lunch pasta, pizza, salad, dumplings, sushi, grilled cheese, mini tacos, hot dogs, and chicken.
Snacks like sunflower butter and apples are delicious as well as potato chips and even Oreo dip.

For fun, we like to play computer games, play piano, jumping on a trampoline, searching for treasure hunts, board games, roller skating, playing drums. We also love to play with our pets and take them for walks, and baking with our family.



πŸ”ΊπŸ”ΊπŸ”ΊπŸ”ΊπŸ”ΊπŸ”ΊπŸ”ΊπŸ”ΊπŸ”ΊπŸ”Ί
 Our Avatars 
πŸ”»πŸ”»πŸ”»πŸ”»πŸ”»πŸ”»πŸ”»πŸ”»πŸ”»πŸ”»
We used Peanuts Characters from online and our Acers to make avatars. An avatar is an image used to represent you online. Notice how we limited our personal information! 













πŸ”ΊπŸ”ΊπŸ”ΊπŸ”ΊπŸ”ΊπŸ”ΊπŸ”ΊπŸ”ΊπŸ”ΊπŸ”Ί
Where Are We?
πŸ”»πŸ”»πŸ”»πŸ”»πŸ”»πŸ”»πŸ”»πŸ”»πŸ”»πŸ”»


Ms. Tulbure's third graders live in the northern hemisphere. North America is our continent. Our nation is the United State of America. However, sometimes our country is abbreviated as the U.S.A. or America. Our country is divided up into fifty states, and we live in one of the fifty states, California. 

California

California is the third largest state after Alaska and Texas. Out of all the 50 states, we have the largest population. There are about 39 million Californians! Our state capital is Sacramento, and our largest urban area is Los Angeles. We live in a suburb of LA. 



Here is the Californian flag. 









What hemisphere and country do you live in?



What are some popular foods and games played at your school? 

What questions do you have for us?
We will reply to your comments. 

Tell us about your class! 

17 comments:

  1. Violette and CandiceOctober 11, 2018 at 11:15 AM

    Dear world,we would like to tell you a little bit about our class,we have a colorful tent to read and write in.We have 7 Ipads. we have a lot of books and we love to read.On top of a big shelf there are a lot of stuffed animals. Our favorite things in the class is our teacher and our learning tools.What is your favorite thing in your classroom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear,Violette and Candice

    My favorite thing in the classroom is to do fact practice on Freckle and to watch Brain Pop jr. What is your favorite School subject? My favorite are Brain Pop videos are about biography.I like division in fact practice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear,Spencer

      My favorite School subject is to read. And sometimes to watch Brain Pop. what is your favorite book to read? And what is your favorite drink?

      Delete
    2. Dear, Sonny My favorite drink is sprite and my favorite subject is History and my favorite book is Nate the Great .I also like Brain Pop jr.What is your favorite book?

      From Thea.

      Delete
    3. Dear, Sonny

      My favorite type of books to read are graphic novels and comics. My favorite drink is A mist twist. A mist twist is like sprite but, it is just has A tiny bit of flavor. What is your favorite thing to do outside of school?

      Delete
  3. Dear Universe,We like this class so much because it is very fun and we have lots of great books like Dog Man and Harry Potter or Magic Tree House.we also have Acers to blog and do more fun things like Freckle and Brain POP Jr.We are also excited to bring our Acers home!If you have Acers at your school what things do you do on your Acer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Bingxu And Chloe,
      We do things like seesaw, google classroom, and Freckle.
      What is your favorite thing to do?

      Delete
  4. Hi! I'm Frog, and I am from Vermont in the United States in North America. I like hockey, golf, and I think that's it. You said ocean things are popular with you, and in Vermont, people like to make snowmen, make caves in snow, and go ice fishing because we have great winters. Maple sugaring is a big thing in Vermont, where we get sap from a maple tree and boil it to make maple syrup. Keep up the great blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ms. Tulbure's class
    I have really enjoyed reading your first blog post.
    I have volunteered to be a commentator for the student blogging challenge this year.
    My name is Lucy and I am a computing advisor in the UK. I go into lots of different schools and teach the teachers and the students all about using technology in the classroom.
    I love your avatars they are brilliant. I teach students in the UK, specifically the West Midlands, all about using avatars and why it is a good way of keeping safe online.
    I have heard of BrainPop and Seesaw, but what is Freckle?
    And when you talk about recess, is this your break-time?
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Bingxu.
    What is your favorite movie?What is your favorite subject to do in class?My favorite movie is High School Musical 2 and 3.My favorite class subject is math and reading.You are a really nice friend to me.Thank you for everything you have done for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Bingxu.Hi this is your friend Nicole.I am going to ask you some questions.First question.What is your favorite movie?My favorite movie is High Musial 2 and 3.Second question.What is your favorite thing to do on your acer?My favorite thing to do on my acer is blogging with you. Third question.What is your favorite color?My favorite color is purple.Last question.What is your favorite subject to do in class?Mine is math and reading.That are all the questions i am going to ask you.Thank you for everything you do for me.You are such a awesome and amazing friend to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Nicole
      My favorite movie is The Last Song because I like how they fall in love but they break up then fall in love again.
      My favorite thing to do on a acer is to blog about my life and do Freckle math because I like to do math on computers.My favorite color is rose gold but I also like purple. My favorite subject is art because I like to paint I also like writing.What is your favorite thing to do ? What is your favorite movie?

      Delete
  8. Dear Thea.Hi this is Nicole.I am going to ask you some questions.First question.What is your favorite movie?My favorite movie is High school Musical 2 and 3.Second question.What is your favorite subject to do in class?My favorite class subject is blogging.Third question.What is your favorite book to read?My favorite book to read is Baby Sitters Club.last question.What is your favorite thing to do on your acer?My favorite thing to do on my acer is go on typing.Thank you for everything you have done for me.BY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Nicole, our favorite movies are the Darkest Minds and Gifted.We both love science and writing. We also love to read Baby-sitters Club and Smile.Some of the things we like to do on our Acers is blogging and typing games.Why do you like to do?Have you ever seen Wonder?

      Delete
    2. Dear Nicole. Thank you for this questions. My favorite movie is Zapped the main karikator is Zoe she doesn't like the way she is living so she gets a kontroll app to kontroll the boy’s.And my favorite book is The Babysitters Club because they are responsible and very nice girls. And my favorite subject is History because I like learning things in the past.And my favorite thing to do on my Acer is typing games because I like getting better at typing.By thank you for the question.See you next time.And what is your favorite sport?

      Delete
  9. Dear class today I will be talking about Thanksgiving.Thanksgiving is about gathering with family and friends for a delicious feast.Thanksgiving is about being grateful for all the things you have.Its also for the people that work hard that you are grateful for. Who are you grateful for or what are you grateful for? Let me know in our blog


    sincerely Tara


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Tara
      You are right! We should be grateful for food,our parents,
      teachers,toys,and everything else. I'm grateful for my mom and dad. They work so hard for everything: toys,food,furniture,your house,and every you know of. Do me a favor say thank you to your parents for
      everything. And is how much Thanksgiving means to me.
      Bye thank you.


      Sincerely Dorothea.

      Delete