Monday, September 12, 2016

Terrific Teamwork!

These last few weeks the class has been working on Teamwork challenges

According to dictionary.com, teamwork is:


            noun
1.cooperative or coordinated effort on the part of a group of persons acting together as a team or in the interests of a common cause.
2. work done with a team.


How do you show teamwork?


Students began with the Marshmallow Challenge
Students were given 12 spaghetti sticks, one yard of tape, one yard of string, and one marshmallow!
The object of the challenge: create the tallest free standing structure with the marshmallow on top. 

See their hard work below:
All photos by Ms. Tulbure












And the winner is:

Team 1- their tower stood 19 inches tall!

What was their strategy?

Photo by Ms. Tulbure
Team 5 was the runner up team. 
Their tower stood 11 inches tall

Can you see their strategy?
Photo by Ms. Tulbure

This week we also met our fifth grade buddies. Together, students worked as a team to make a plastic cup tower using only a rubber band and string. The instructions were to build a tower without using any hands, only the tools provided. Wow!

 It took communication and determination to succeed at this challenge. 

All photos by Ms. Tulbure






Some teams worked together to build and even bigger tower! 


All teams succeeded in building their tower. Great work!






Tell us about how you worked together as a team to complete a task?
What was the best part?

13 comments:

  1. Dear Table 5,
    Teamwork was fun! I think second place is good.
    Do you think teamwork is fun?
    I like teamwork!

    Table 5 this is Grant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Grant,
      Teamwork is fun because you get to have laughs,mad laughs,
      and giggles. Teamwork is the best. I love teamwork so much. I don't know what place we got,but its good we still won the competition. What else competitionns do you suggest?

      Delete
  2. This was the best challenge ever! We got to work with our 5th grade buddies. It was fun because we couldn't use our hands and we had to use a rubber band and string.
    Ashlynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ashlynne!
      You're very good at making sentences.
      I also liked the challenge!
      It was a very fun, and funny one.
      When we were about to finish our stack of cups, I knocked it down while trying to make them even.
      We had to make our tower again.
      When we were about to finish again, the cup we tried putting on top of the stack fell onto the floor.
      We found a way to get the cup back, and put it on the top of our stack!
      My buddy and I were very proud of ourselves.
      I had so much fun working with her!
      What was your favorite part of the challenge?

      Sincerely,
      Mikayla

      Delete
  3. Teamwork is fun and great. I have a great time with teamwork. One time I helped my dad clean a garage and paint the walls in the bedrooms. First, we have to get some paints. Second, we have to get a cleaning fluid to clean an oil stain that was leaking from a car.
    We were doing great teamwork and helping each other paint and clean. How did you do on other teamworks you've done in life?

    Kindly,
    Skyler

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teamwork is great and fun! When my big sister, my mom, my dad, and me went to Bakersfield to help my nephews and my older sister move out of their old house. The value of teamwork is one of the most important because we were able to get things done!

      Delete
  4. Hi Skyler
    I think your comment is awesome. Such good grammer and spelling.I also think teamwork is good too.I built a tower with my sister. I built the inside, she built the outside.
    can you guess her name?

    sincerely
    Ben

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Ben,
      One time my neighboors and I built this cool sea animal that was from sand and from scratch. First, we gathered all the wet sand and then we gathered water from the ocean. I had a play knife so I smoothed it out so it can look real. We got the idea to build one from another person who had a giant sea animal. When we were done it looked great the way it was. Can you guess what the sea animal was.

      Kindly,
      Skyler

      Delete
  5. Hi Skyler
    I like helping my dad clean-up the garage also!
    We have a lot in common also!

    Kindly,Grant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Grant
      Teamwork is so much fun and great. Here is an example
      what if you tried to lift something and it was to heavy in
      till your friend came to help you lift up the giant, heavy box. I love teamwork. Tell me the thing we've got in common with your dad

      Delete
  6. Hi, class.
    This was such a fun challenge!
    Hopefully we can do more, soon.
    What did you do to build your stack of cups?
    Sincerely,
    Mikayla.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Class,
    I loved that challenge so much I was with my buddy and Marley with her buddy. First what we did was get the rubber band and tied string on the sides of it. Then we all pulled on the string while one person told the directions. It was really fun especially when the cups fell on the floor we had to try to pick it up with the rubber band and the string. I had a blast.

    Your Friend ,
    Ineesha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Class, I liked the spaghetti challenge a lot with my team it was more fun we split the jobs Logan was the tape person he gave us tape. Edan was the spaghetti guy he gave us the spaghetti .Me and Marley where making the tower our tower dint come out really well but it was still fun cause we did it with our team.
    What did you like about the challenge ?

    Love ,
    siya

    ReplyDelete